Super fast on-demand image resizing for your website
Do you have a website with lots of product images in different sizes?
- a small version for product lists,
- an even smaller thumbnail for shopping carts,
- then a big image for the product page
- maybe a very large one for "click for full size" popups?
Seriously reduce the number of images stored on your servers. Just storing the full size image is sufficient.
Use your product images in any size you need them. The Sizr service instantly resize your images, on demand.
Speed up your website through faster image downloads. Sizr delivers all resized images through Amazon's world-wide delivery network.
How does Sizr work?
The Sizr service works by requesting the original, full size image from its' source location (e.g. your own server), then re-sizing it dynamically based on user-configurable profiles, finally delivering it through a world-wide content delivery network. To make this super-fast, caching is done at several levels.
Who is using Sizr?
Currently, Sizr is in beta, but the service is already being used by 3 clients for live products and websites.
- Collectorz.com: All sizes of all cover images delivered by the Collectorz.com cataloging solution are delivered though Sizr. We're talking tens of millions of images here, proving Sizr's scalability for large volume projects. See it in action here.
- Manula.com: Sizr is used to deliver all images in all online manuals created with the Manula tool. Example manual with Sizr images.
- WatchBase.com: The WatchBase website is still using an alpha version of the Sizr system. It will soon be moved to the current Sizr service.